We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
To support our growth strategy, we are hiring a Regional Sales Manager for the South Central US territory – to cover the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississipi, Lousiana.
The Regional Sales Manager’s primary responsibility will be to execute sales and grow the business by ensuring market access, customer focus and demand creation within the assigned territory. He/She will lead a team of Agronomists and Product Specialists who are responsible for the execution of all commercial activities in the region.
The Regional Sales Manager will also be responsible for relaying market intelligence information including competition, trends, and other information needed for the development and implementation of go-to market strategies. Working on maintaining and developing Yara’s customer base, the Regional Sales Manager will work collaboratively with product management, crop managers, marketing, product development and digital farming to create compelling value propositions for distributors and farmers.
To learn more about Yara, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufK5v2P2ArM
- Implement the Yara Crop Nutrition strategy in the region, being responsible for all commercial business activities within the assigned region including negotiating contracts, prices and any follow-up agreements
- Provide market intelligence related to prices, programs, trends and competitive activities relevant to the region
- Define the sales plan including budgeting, forecasting and sales and marketing activities in agreement with established business strategy
- Focus on customers, key retail accounts to ensure market access within the region
- Ensure that all relevant internal departments have necessary information for successful fulfillment of all internal and external obligations
- Works collaboratively with market development, marketing, product management and digital teams to execute Yara’s crop nutrition solutions
- Manage and develop a team of sales professionals to ensure demand generation and to build farmer relationships
- Bachelor degree in Agronomy, Ag Business or Ag related field. Master degree is an advantage. CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) is preferred
- 5 years working experience managing sales roles in similar industries, preferably with value added fertilizers exposure and digital tools experience
- Strong management, and interpersonal skills
- Strong business orientation, market and product knowledge
- Strong commercial forecasting and risk analysis skills
- Strong negotiation, and communication skills
- Proficient in MS office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, as well as digital tools, such as Twitter, and Facebook
- Must be an American citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Extensive travelling (75%); valid driver’s license required