We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
The Yara Porsgrunn site is located at Herøya outside Porsgrunn, about 140 km southwest of Oslo. The site covers an area of approximately 1.5 square kilometers.
The wholly owned facilities are fully integrated for nitrogen-based products, and have Yara's and Europe's largest installed production capacity for NPK complex fertilizers based on the nitrophosphate route. The site has one ammonia plant, three nitric acid plants, two NPK plants and two calcium nitrate (CN) plants. The facilities produce a wide range of NPK and CN product grades, developed to meet the needs of crop fertilization under various climates and soil conditions. Approximately two thirds of the volume produced is sold overseas, mainly in Asia. The balance is sold in various countries in Europe.
We are looking for a Mechanical Eningeer Static to strengthen our global Turnaround Support organization. The position is based in Porsgrunn and reports to the Maintenance Manager. You are expected to support all Yara Production sites, as well as working on site in Porsgrunn.
You must be comfortable with extensive travelling on short assignments for a few weeks at the various Yara production sites.
The right candidate has experience from daily maintenance, turnarounds and modification projects, preferably from multinational industrial companies or consulting.
- Manage or participate in turnarounds and projects according to Yara safety, ethical, environmental and quality standards.
- Manage and improve preventive maintenance system and turnaround performance
- Lead plant support on site or remote, including troubleshooting, repair methodologies and materials
- Develop Best Practice in co-operation with Yara Productivity Team
- Lead or participate in root cause analysis and incident investigations
- MSc/BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Min 5 years of relevant operational experience from production units, daily maintenance, turnarounds and projects
- Experience of SAP is an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact well within different cultures
- Willingness to travel extensively for periods
- Fluent in one Scandinavian language and English